Highly creative and multi-talented designer with extensive experience in user-centered design practices including information architecture, interactive design, visual design and usability. Exceptional collaborative team player adept in external and internal client relations. Outcome focused problem solver experienced in the agile methodology. I am a creative professional looking for a new opportunity in digital websites, mobile or apps after 11 years in automotive retail.
When I am not working on solving UI/UX problems I can most often be found spending quality time with my family. At times you will find me carving up single track trails on a custom titanium rig. Or beating things with sticks, (the drums of course!). I also enjoy music immensely! And last but not least I relish a good stretch of the legs while hiking or walking. These are just a few of my work-life balance distractions.
• Lead the strategic thinking to ensure that a simple and intuitive user experience was achieved for our target audience.
• Defined the standards of usability and accessibility across all seven web properties all the while providing professional, high-quality user interface design.
• Lead front-end development teams and engaged with product stakeholders, peer designers, and content providers to solve business goals using the best practice principles of user-centered design.
• Created email designs and campaigns to continually engage users.
• Responsible for all aspects of the design strategy and implementation for Original Manufacture dealership websites on both desktop and mobile.
• Balanced needs of client, brand and consumer to create highly compelling interactive shopping experiences. Clients included Lexus, General Motors, Hyundai, Mini, VW, Holden, Infiniti, and more.
• Utilized qualitative and quantitative research to understand consumer shopping behavior, motivational drivers and personalized needs.
• Conducted creative reviews with clients and their agencies on a regular basis.
• Mentored Junior Designers in the practices of retail web design.
• Impeccable time management, estimation, and track record for delivery.
• Managed content for international markets: US, Canada, Mexico & Australia.
• Responsible for the visual strategy and art direction of B2B and B2C applications and cross medium collateral.
• Working closely with the Creative Director to ensure that branding, strategy and delivery parallel Channelpoint’s design standards.
• Designed the GUI for web-enabled software products, created web-enabled applications for Fortune 50-500 insurance portals ensuring optimal usability.
• Creation of interactive prototypes from visual comps to html. Helped in the creation of Channelpoint style guide.
• Supervised and mentored teams of designers in user interface design principles and visual experience.
• Responsible for the growth of the brand-new media division of a successful technology services firm including new business development, client relations, and strategic planning.
• Creative and interactive production management of web and multimedia projects.
• Hiring and management of in-house and freelance designers and programmers.
• Created and maintained Design Standards for the company.